That’s the stuff you need everyday in any case : clothes, cooking material (please don’t buy disposable plates and cutlery, it’s such a big waste and so much more expensive), cleaning material (for your body and your van), blankets and cushions, electronics and cameras, etc.
- A tool-box with the usuals
- Headlights or a rechargeable lamp
- Camping stove, if you have no more propane in your van or backcountry camping
- Water container (we have 7,5 liters), fill it whenever possible
- Fast to cook or ready to eat food (Canned or lyophilisised soups, energy bars, …)
- Sleeping bags if it gets too cold for the regular blanket. If you’re really cold, a hot water bottle can also help.
- Some extra gas (we have 5 liters)
- A bear-spray, a good knife, and a hatchet
- Some firewood for the barbecues
- An e-book (it’s so tiny and you can download any book you want when you have wifi! Also, the battery lasts like a month)
- Some real books (about wildlife for example, or some books about the area you’re visiting)
- A small music instrument (now is the time to learn!)
- Some games and movies for the rainy days